Attorney In St. Louis, MO
Derek P. Ruzicka is one of GOT’s many experienced trial lawyers. His trial practice is diverse, with an emphasis in complex litigation. He has handled cases in a number of difficult venues, from the City of St. Louis, Missouri, to Madison and St. Clair Counties, in Illinois, and Federal Court in East St. Louis and St. Louis. Whether through dismissal, favorable trial verdicts, or reasonable case resolutions, he has successfully handled many difficult matters through completion.
Derek’s experience is extensive, having handled cases involving general liability matters, professional liability, toxic torts, including asbestos, benzene and other substances, product liability, trucking, and environmental claims. He has represented product manufacturers of consumer products, power tools, industrial vehicles, manufactured housing, foundry equipment, and a host of others, including pharmaceutical litigation.
Derek also devotes his practice to trial work for design professionals or other construction professionals, product liability, and other complex litigation matters. He has arbitrated or tried successfully claims involving architects, engineers, contractors, subcontractors, and owners. He also assists design professionals and small business owners in up-front contract document reviews and consultations.
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, School of Law
Missouri, Illinois, United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Lawyers Association of St. Louis, CLM, DRI
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (2008-present)
- Moderator – Western Region Captive Insurance Association Conference
- When Should You Consider Retaining National Coordinating Counsel? – Missouri Captive Insurance Association – 2016
- Missouri Bar CLE Deskbook Series, Construction Law, 2009 Supplement, Chapter 1, “Construction Contracts: Risk Shifting Devices” (2009 & 2015)
- “Show Me How to Pick a Lab and Present Convincing Evidence at Trial,” Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, 24th Annual Meeting
- It’s Political, You Can’t Be Offended! A Discussion of the Student Speech Analysis in Guiles ex. Rel. Guiles V. Marineau, 461 F.3D 320 (2d Cir. 2006)